Monday, August 05, 2013

Week in Review: July 20-August 4

So here we are at the end of another week.  Ready for another review?

This week, I have had a goal to get out and take a quick walk with the kids every morning.  I want to make sure that we are getting out of the house at least once a day.  Yay!  We got out Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri, and Sun.  We'll keep working on that next week, too.

This last week, Steve and I have been watching the Lord of the Rings appendices.  We watched both DVDs (5+ hrs) over the the week.  It's amazing the amount of work and detail put into making them.  I know, I know...we're needs.

Every Friday night is pizza night at our house.  This week, I was going to make supreme pizza.  I had everything, exvept the sauce.  So I improvised.  I cut up a couple of tomatoes and spread them around on the crust.  I figured that if the Italians can make pizza without sauce, then so could I.  I thought it was pretty good, but Steve really didn't like it.  I guess I just need to make sure I always have sauce on hand.

I've joined a book club started by Steve's friend, Charles.  It seems that I'm the only person in the club not in his family.  The first book we read is called Rebound Rules.  Unless you're a basketball nut, I wouldn't recommend it.  It's a bunch of rules for being successful, but nothing mind blowing or new.  Hopefully the new book will be better.  It's called Four Fires.  I'm not sure what it's about yet.  Here's to hoping.

Steve is having so much fun at work.  In fact, last week, he was doing some work that he found so engaging that he had a hard time tearing himself away from it to come home.  He considered calling and asking to stay an hour later, but decided to be a great husband and father and just come home.  I'm so glad that he enjoys his work so much.

1 comment:

  1. why not just smash the tomatoes? haha...that is what tomato sauce is made out of isn't it?

    ReplyDelete