Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter

Easter celebrations started before Sunday for us.  On Wednesday, Anna went to her first Easter egg hunt.  It was just a neighborhood one.  We had it at the church because it was raining.  The set off one room for kids 5 and under and told them they could get 15 eggs each.  Anna loved crawling around and picking up the eggs.  She'd chew on the end and then throw it back down on the ground and reach for another one to chew.  I did convince her to put a few in her basket.

On Sunday, we got dressed in our new clothes.  I made a dress for Anna.  A little big, but not bad.  I tried to coordinate with her, and we did get dad to wear a tie that matched too.  Church was very nice and Anna got all sorts of compliments on how pretty she looked.

Afterwards, I let her look at her basket.  She got one small chocolate bunny and a couple of eggs with snacks in them.  All in all it was a quiet day.  We were able to focus more on what Easter meant to each of us.  I am so thankful for the sacrifice Christ made and the wonderful gift of the Atonement.

1 comment: