People have been asking for some pictures of the new house, so here is the first official tour.
 |
| This is what you see when you drive up. We've finally cleared out the garage so the cars are parked inside now. It's not a very big front yard. I love the red door, but Steve would like to change it to a wood one. |
 |
| It might not look like it from the front, but we have a 3-car garage. The 3rd bay is tandem. We'll probably use it mostly for storage. |
|
 |
| As you enter the front door, to your left is the living room. It's probably the most completely decorated room right now. |
 |
| Further in and still to the left is the formal dining room. Obviously, we don't have the furniture to properly furnish this room. It's a little bare. We're hoping to eventually get a new dining room table and a buffet/sideboard/china cupboard. |
|
 |
| Keep going and you'll enter the back of the house. To the left is the kitchen. It has tile counters, not my favorite, a gas stove, and a dishwasher I love. |
 |
| Here's the kitchen looking at it from by the back sliding door. The glass paneled door is the pantry. |
 |
| To the right is the family room. Right now it's a flotsam of different things. We'll see what I can do with this room. |
 |
| In between the front and back of the house, to the right, is the guest bathroom. I've decided I don't care for pedestal sinks. There's nowhere to put anything and we get water all down the wall. |
 |
| Also to the right are the stairs up to the second floor. The door you see in front of you is the linen closet. |
 |
| To the left of the stairs is Matthew's room. We're planning on getting him a big-boy bed so all decorating is on hold right now. |
 |
| Just to the right of the linen closet at the top of the stairs is the kids bathroom. |
 |
| And to the right of the bathroom is the laundry room. It faces the front of the house. |
 |
| To the right of the laundry and also at the front of the house is Anna's room. She fell in love with the purple walls and butterflies at first sight. |
 |
| This is looking down the hallway from the kids' end of the floor toward the guest room (left) and the master (right). |
 |
| The view toward the front door from the upstairs hallway. |
 |
| The guest room/office/game storage. |
 |
| This is the master bedroom. I really like the bay windows at the back. We have a great view of the greenbelt and the mountains in the distance. No pictures up yet. |
 |
| The master bathroom. We love having the dual sinks and I really enjoy the jetted tub. The shower has two heads. |
 |
| Out the back sliding door we have a deck. It's nice and big. |
 |
| The shed on the side of the house. |
 |
| The backyard. There were roses and blueberry bushes here. We're getting some ripe blueberries now. Yum! Steve didn't take a picture of the two raised beds that I've planted with green beans (I picked some today), tomatoes, leeks, lettuce, parsley, and oregano. |
So, there you go. I hope you all enjoyed all the pictures.
hurray! about time! can't wait to come and see it in person sometime!
ReplyDeleteNice! I really like it!
ReplyDelete