Early in August, my friend, Mary, and I decided to host a Murder Mystery. We chose one called A Taste for Wine and Murder about a California vineyard. The participants were Steve as Ralph Rottingrape (the bad boy and owner of the vineyard) and me as his wife Tiny Bubbles; Mary as Marilyn Merlot (a movie star) and Tom, her husband, as Papa Vito (the vineyard's manager); David, our bishop, as Otto Von Schnapps (a wine merchant) and Laurie, his wife, as Hedy Shablee (owner of neighboring vineyard).
We started out with hors d'oeuvres and a bunch of sparkling juices on the back patio while we read our information packets and our babysitter put the kids down to bed. After all was quiet in the house, we headed inside for dinner and the game. Mary made a wonderful chicken dish and I made a pasta herb salad and attempted green beans rolled in prosciutto. Unfortunately, I burned the beans.
As we ate, we took turns reading our parts. We had a lot of fun and a lot of laughs at the escapades of our fictitious characters. I ended up being surprised at who the murderer was. We had a lot of fun and I hope we can do it again.

No comments:
Post a Comment