Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sledding


Yesterday morning, Saturday, we woke up to at least 8 inches of snow on the ground.  Wonderful!  We bought a couple of sleds a few weeks ago, but haven't been able to use them.  Yesterday was the day.  The original plan was to head up toward the Oquirrh mountains and find a great hill.  I, being the over-reacter I am, planned for every eventuality.  Extra food and warm drinks, blankets, and a call to the Ricks to let them know where we'd be, calmed my nerves about maybe getting stuck in the snow.  That didn't work out when the road we were following dead-ended in a field.
Our back-up plan was the gully here in Stansbury.  We've seen kids sledding there before, but wanted to see if we could find somewhere a little quieter.  After parking on the side of the road, we suited Anna up in her pink snowsuit and sat her on the sled.  Unfortunately, the snowsuit didn't allow for easy bending.  She slowly sank back until she was laying flat in the sled.

Steve and I each took Anna down the hill a couple of times and Steve and I went down on our own a couple of times.  We had a lot of fun.  Anna tolerated it.  She had this serious, stoic look on her face.  I think that was more funny than anything else.  After about an hour, we took a picture of us all together and headed home.  It was a blast!

2 comments:

  1. Kids really don't know FUN when they first meet it! Next year she will Love (or possibly really hate) sledding. Amazingly cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully she won't hate it. That would break her daddy's heart.

    ReplyDelete